Filing another item from late last month.
Microsoft announced their 4th quarter and FY 2005 financial results on July 21. Joe Wilcox has a detailed analysis, but here’s my take in a nutshell:
- - Servers and Tools had a solid increase lead by SQL Server
- - Cash cow Client continues to track OEM sales
- - Cash cow Information Worker (Office) is still slow
- - MSN seems to have achieved continuing profitability
- - MBS, Mobile, and Home had losses and are still investments for the future with MBS (Microsoft Business Solutions, i.e applications for SMBs), in particular, continuing to struggle
The analyst reaction was muted.