A little more than 8 months after Exchange 2007 was released to manufacturing, Microsoft today announced a technology preview for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Among the new features:
- Support for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista
- Enhanced integration with Office Communications Server 2007 including delivery of faxes and voice mail
- Additional Exchange ActiveSync policies for more complex security and management needs
- Standby Continuous Replication (SCR) (possibly to remote servers) for high availability
- Enhanced security via the unveiling of Forefront Security for Exchange Server SP1, which integrates with Exchange Server 2007 SP1 to provide an extra layer of security.
There are marginally more details in the fact sheet and if you want to give it a spin the preview is available to Microsoft Developers Network (MSDN) and TechNet subscribers. Both of the service packs are expected to be generally available in 4Q2007.