Microsoft’s online storage service Windows Live Folders got a new beta and a new name of Windows Live SkyDrive today:
First, we’re happy to announce our new name:
Second, we’ve been listening intently to your feedback and suggestions, and based directly on that feedback, we’re excited to bring you our next release, featuring:
- An upgraded look and feel — new graphics to go along with your new features!
- “Also on SkyDrive” — easily get back to the SkyDrives you’ve recently visited
- Thumbnail images — we heard you loud and clear, and now you can see thumbnails of your image files
- Drag and drop your files — sick of our five-at-a-time upload limit? Drag and drop your files right onto your SkyDrive
- Embed your stuff anywhere — with just a few clicks, post your files and folders anywhere you can post html
Third, we’re excited to introduce SkyDrive in two additional regions: UK and India.
Microsoft gets points for the new name, but as I have whined before (e.g. , , ), online storage services aren’t exactly new news and it’s not only hard to stand out from the herd, but forget about making any money.